About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Monday, August 30, 2010

Food and party


Where do I start? Let's go with food. For the past month I've been trying the local bocadillos (sandwiches) which are great but not when you eat them almost every day. For a person who is used to eating out (I realized that here) it is a little hard to either eat only bocadillos or pretty much some home-cooked salads. Most of you are very familiar with my not/cooking skills :).

So last week was a great week to splurge a little bit, eat out and enjoy my fellow TEFL teachers'company as we neared the end of the course. First it was a Nepalese restaurant which turned out great! Food was very similar to Indian which equals yummy!!!!! On Friday it was time for....my favorite Ethiopian!!!! I thought of a very special friend with whom I used to go to an Ethiopian place in Alexandria (remember the plaza with the 7-Eleven?!:). I love Ethiopian food!!!! And what better than digging in the food with your fingers with your fellow teachers/friends?! :)

Saturday was a planned sushi party at the place of one of our colleagues who is a local and can make sushi. Night started great except that when you get about 14-15 just graduated teachers who have been working very hard for a whole month and you give them lots of alcohol, it gets....interesting. Sushi was amazing!!!!


Besides sushi though we had about 13 bottles of wine (3 of which were big 2 or 2.5l) and tons of beer. No need to do the math. I won't go into details here but will just mention that it is very hard to choose some decent pics to post (from the 100 or more taken....). A great night for everyone with tons of dancing and singing and what better way to get to know your new friends than this?!?!



The next day was a recuperate day for everyone. I managed to get down to the beach and it was lovely! It is still very warm in BCN even though today I found out that winters can get pretty pretty cold....And I was thinking I was going to a warmer climate....

No comments:

Post a Comment