About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Sunday, August 8, 2010

New shoes


So I do a lot of walking here. I was expecting it but it's different once you actually start doing it.....I have somewhat comfy shoes and since I couldn't bring with me as many of my shoes as I wanted (due to the unheard of 20kg restriction in EU....) now I'm stuck with a few that will be in dire need of a repair very soon. And they are not that comfy. So I might have to buy a pair. There is a problem though. I can't just buy 1 pair of plain flip flops and start walking everywhere with them. They need to look nice. And I can't spend a fortune (even 20 euros sounds a lot). So I have to find the impossible -- nice-looking and comfy shoes for under 20 euros......Ideas?! 'Cause I don't have many. I can only think of DSW but they don't seem to have it here. Too bad....

The other problem with walking so much in dust, heat and what not is that the need for pedi screams at you very often. Much more often than in DC. There is a salon around the corner from my place but I haven't checked the prices yet. Maybe I can forget about food for 1 day and go to have a nice pedi?! I have to explore this further... Don't even have a nail polish with me! This is how bad the luggage situation was....





I think I finally came with a description for BCN -- it's a hippie city. That's the word that came to my mind. It is very relaxed, fun, interesting, people are free-spirited (in any context possible) :). No corporate dress code, thinking, and stiffness. Even the people who go to offices seem to be dressed very casually. I feel overdressed here. Even when I don't try much (skirt and tank top) I still feel overdressed. Not changing it of course but it's interesting.

A note if you are reading this -- please follow me! The "follow"button is on the right hand side! :) And post comments (if you have any of course + and -). Muchas gracias!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Radost, the biggest shopping centers are Diagonal Mar, Glories, and Maremagnum. Since it is August and they have "rebajas" you might be lucky and find a very good deal.

    Alternatively you can find less pricy shoes in the stroes around Sagrada Familia (mainly Chinese). If you are into open-air/ flea markets (the Bulgarian "pazar"), you can do go Encants (purple line) or the one at Sta. Coloma (red line). Think they are open on Saturdays till 3 pm.

    From my experience Spanish shoes,especially the cheaper ones, are of low low quality. As opposed to DSW or Payless shoes, which are cheap but can last forever if you choose well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second hand stores?

    I've thought about giving up food in exchange for a pedi before.

    I'd love this hippie city. You are getting a visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jani. Will check them out. Girl, come!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should have bought you something in BG, dear :))) Anyway, good luck with the shoes and I vote for a pedi, of course !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You think I didn't look in Bourgas?! Plus I couldn't even get a nail polish let alone another pair of shoes with all my stuff...Something will come up here :).

    ReplyDelete