About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Walking


It looks like you will be reading a lot about walking....My feet hate me. I refuse to wear flats all the time but it seems that even going out at night involves a lot of walking. Last night is a great example. The plan is: we meet at Plaza Espanya, walk a little to see some castle and then for a drink. Sounds like a good night for some heels, right?! Well, not really. We go to the plaza, watch an amazing fountain show (something like the Belagio in Las Vegas) and then decide to walk up to that castle. It's 12:30am and the castle reveals its beauty at 1:15.....And I'm not talking a slow walking my style. This is a fast-paced, up a hill almost running in my standards but I have to keep up.....The view was great, the castle was closed and it seemed very deserted. How do you think the walk down was?! Again almost running and no, it is not easier to go down on heels. The result? My feet still hate me this morning......

But it was worth it and I refuse to listen to my feet! We will have to go again to actually see the castle inside. On the way back we found a great duner kebab place (Kilim -- Turkish, Bulgarian?!) and were rewarded with a very tasty duner and a beer. :)

So the question now is do I put my flat shoes for later today (there will be walking) or do I put my lower heels? Haven't figured that out yet...And I should be studying instead of writing this but do I really want to do my learner profile again?! We had to pick a student from the class we teach (in my case -- elementary) and do some activities: speaking, listening, reading comprehension, writing. So far so good. Now we have to analyze all these samples and create a learner profile analysis. Once we do that then we have a one-to-one lesson with them. Sounds easy but try analyzing a talk which is full of ah, mm,..... and a writing sample where every sentence has at least 2-3 mistakes...It's fun though. I'm more scared of the advanced class we start teaching tomorrow. They ask questions, think they know a lot and most probably will come up with some complex questions that I won't be able to answer. Stay tuned for that teaching experience....

3 comments:

  1. Wear heels, put flats in your purse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Good idea but what purse?! All the big ones are in BG...Plus flats seem the way to go here. Especially after 9 hours outside walking....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the walking! It is sooo healthy, I really miss that in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete