About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter

Beautiful view 
It's getting cold in BCN...I've stared wearing my coat and winter jacket. And a scarf! You definitely need it hear. It is windy and combine that with low temperatures....you get the point. Yet on a sunny Sunday day there is nothing better than walking on the beach! :)


I went to see the Museum of Catalonia and these pics are all taken from there. Actually didn't really pay to see the exhibitions but went on the rooftop terrace and the view was gorgeous....I love BCN!!!!

This is how Sagrada Familia should look when it is done. One day.....
The museum (which is on my list of places to visit on the first Sunday of the month -- free entrance) has a pretty nice model of Sagrada Familia and had to take some pics. It will be amazing once it is finished which, if you ask locals, will never be done. How can you build this for such a long time?! I understand it is funded by donations and this slows the process but with the modern technology wouldn't it take less time and wouldn't Spain put some money into it?! It's also another story that the high speed train, which apparently will be going right under it, might shake the foundations badly and....who knows.

The sea....
Then it was time for a walk on the beach which brings me so much positive energy........As a person who grew up by the sea I can't help but love BCN for giving me this too! I really missed it in DC but have found my place here. The waves were strong and huge (unfortunately iPhone pics do not really portray that very well) and I could have just sat there gazing for hours. The cod wind made me run for hot tea after some time though. 



Sundays like this (or any day for that matter) make me fall in love with the city even more........BTW, today is rainy, cold and dark. Not a fav day in BCN.......

No comments:

Post a Comment