About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Students

I've officially become the bad teacher in the eyes of my teens (the younger ones). One of the parents apparently complained that some kids were doing school homework in my class (this is a parent of a boy who is definitely a lower level and his ENG is not that good...). First, why does she even care if it is not her son? Second, I'm there and watch them but if they are doing something besides the exercises I can't act like a policeman all the time! Jeez! So some harder measures were introduced including my boss talking to 2 students who disrupt the discipline. And I'm the bad one now. Teenagers. Go figure. Sometimes I wonder if we were like this too......

I have found out that I have some connections in retail stores :). One of my adult students works for Mango (which apparently is a Spanish company, based in BCN) and can get me discounts :):)). Another student has his own business -- a bunch of stores Jack&Jones. Wasn't familiar with the brand but it seems to be big here so some more discounts coming my way!!!!

Another adult student from my conversation classes seems to have taken a liking to me (I've started using some strange ENG which is what happens when you teach..lol)....His conversational ENG is really bad and it is a struggle to communicate. Last week he sent me an email talking about his weekend plans and at the end if I want to join him.....How about no, thanks?!?! On top of that he signs up for all my half-an-hour revision/conversation gaps between classes.

We've celebrated 2 birthdays in my girls' group (6-7-year olds) and have made beautiful crowns for these birthday princesses :). Kids love to cut, color, glue and of course make a big mess.... Plus one of the moms gave me some chocolate :). They seem to be learning (which surprises me considering all the chaos in the classroom) but that's great!

These are all the updates from school. Other updates -- not much really. Weather here has been pretty nice even though the past few days got colder. I haven't put a winter coat yet. :) Can't wait for the beginning of December when we get some days off! And then of course a long vacation.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous about the long vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find the best discounts! And that's good, because you are on a teacher's salary!!

    ReplyDelete