About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Friday, November 12, 2010

Another bank post?!

Wow, I can't believe that it's been six days since I wrote my last post.....Time really flies!!!! Weeks are kinda crazy and then weekends are for fun things and relaxation. Still trying to adjust myself to some better schedule where I go to bed before 1am and get up before 11am so that I can have more than 2-3 hours to do things (such as prepare my lessons lol).

Glad to tell you that I got up early the other day, took a bike and rode all the way up to my original bank branch to open a savings account. After waiting for 15 minutes I asked the girl (the same one actually that opened my checking account and speaks a little ENG) for it. Then she said that usually there is a girl who can do that but she is not here now so if I want to come another time and day. After having gotten up earlier than usual and ridden a bike which was pretty exhausting (first it was uphill, then it's not really that easy to ride one in BCN -- on the road you have to be careful about vehicles not hitting you and on the sidewalk you have to be careful not to hit a pedestrian lol) I firmly said no and started explaining that I already tried at the branch which is closer to me and am not moving from here.

Finally she said OK but I had to wait for her colleague about 15 minutes. I sat down patiently. The 15 minutes turned into 25 and finally the colleague came back from somewhere and when I sat across from her, I felt like I had won a million bucks! Then she explained the whole damn thing in Spanish.....She knew some ENG but asked me if I understood a little Spanish and went on and on....Well I had to repeat what I thought she had said in ENG just to make sure. And am still not very sure about the whole savings thing. There is something about taking money out of it 3 times and then it gets cancelled (or the interest you are supposed to earn after 1 year gets cancelled). Don't ask me why they don't have just a regular savings account where you can deposit and withdraw money as you need.....

Anyway, there goes another bank blog..Oh I have to say that I've discovered one positive thing that I like. I had to go and pay the electric bill and gave the slip to the cashier. He said I had to do it at the ATM. So there are these cool ATMs where you can do tons of things -- scan the bar code of your bills and pay directly; put money on your phone; regular ATM functions and many more which I haven't even discovered yet. Cool, right?! :) I love it because that means no waiting in line at the bank.

No pics this time. Haven't taken any recently. Going on a hike on Saturday though so expect some pics! And my hair is growing! Haven't had desire (and money) to cut it since I got here (beg of August) so we will see what I will decide once I go back to Bulgaria in December. Tempted to let it grow, a little frustrated with the way it looks --- hard decisions!

1 comment:

  1. I've got just that same hair problem! Are "our" people back soo much better then the ones here?

    ReplyDelete