About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hiking and more

Top of the mountain :)
What a nice weekend!!! My weekends have turned into busy days with pretty much no time for weekly lesson planning, sitting behind the computer and even a book.......But don't get me wrong -- am NOT complaining! :) I've signed up to a few too many social networking websites and get messages from here and there even one from a fellow Bulgarian living in Berlin :). Just the city I've been thinking about visiting and there you go! Now I know someone there.....


Climbing rocks
The hike on Saturday started with a very very wake up (7am!) which is unheard of here, especially on a Saturday. But you don't want to miss such a beautiful day! The meeting place was conveniently close to me. A few Spanish people and internationals from all over the world, including an American couple from Cali (my "wow" city area), a German, Austrian, British, Iranian, Argentinian and Polish ;). Doesn't get more diverse. Seriously. And they all (except the Americans) speak Spanish......And English too but it's not like I get the Spanish jokes. Not yet.

It was extremely windy (hence my hair...)
So we were a really nice group of people who, unfortunately, had to get into 2 cars as the third car driver failed to show up. Not a big problem for 4 girls to sit in the back for a little over an hour.....Once we got there we started climbing the mountain. At first it was a regular hike through the woods. Pretty steep at a fast pace but am happy to report that was able to keep up most of the time with the first group. The rest of the time was in the middle group. After half an hour we reached some very steep and dangerous rocks and ... up we went! Cool, even though at some places (there was no way I could take pics as I had to figure out a way how to get up a perfectly smooth rock....) it looked impossible to go up. On one side there was the rock which seemed too tall and smooth; on the other side there was the deep nothing. Choice? Rocks....

The top!
Even though I was prepared (more or less) for a hike -- like had good boots, layers, some snacks -- I didn't really think to cut my nails and climbing rocks with nails....If you want to do it, better don't! :) Reaching the top was exhausting but so worth it! After a little break we went down (or I should say we almost ran down) and had reservations at a lovely restaurant. Very well deserved lunch!

The lovely restaurant

Beautiful forest
Didn't really get to see the fall leaves as they were all on the ground (it's November, right?) but the forest was lovely. On the side we were climbing it was pretty bare but on the side of the restaurant -- completely different. Meditereanean trees and everything was green! Were back in BCN around 6pm and it was a lovely day. Maybe would have been better without our Spanish guide who wanted to make a very clear point how fit he was and had to almost run the whole time but unfortunately for him there were no girls who thought he was impressive....
The cultural center
Sunday was a culture day with a friend. Saw the World Press Photo Exhibit, listened to some awesome street band and bought 2 CDs, ate free chestnuts (hit here in BCN at this time) and drank some wine, listened to an Italian opera singer on the street and drank some great Moroccan tea at a very nice and cosy place. 




A lovely weekend which I didn't want to end!!!! But looking forward to next one! And this week is turning to be pretty busy.....:) Stay tuned! Besos, Rxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Yeeeiii, I've been mentioned! A great feeling, I think you are coming soon to "großes B." :)))
    And yes, I bet we are all soooo (positive) jealous of your weekends, even if not everyone signs right away beside me ;)

    ReplyDelete