About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love in BCN

I have been slacking off a bit with the blogs -- be patient! Sometimes not too much happens; other times there is a lot but no time to write about it! One thing that I obviously can't do is -- make you guys comment....I know you are reading and as long as you are, I guess, that's enough :). Thanks to the regular folks who comment and thanks to all of you who read but do not bother writing a comment :).

Come, reza, ama Poster

So I finally saw "Eat, Pray, Love" in BCN in an OV (original version) movie theater. Asking what that is?! Well, in Spain the movies on the big screen are dubbed just like the ones on TV. Go figure. I guess people are not used to and completely against subtitles. So those like me, who do not speak Spanish and want to understand not just watch, have the option to go to the three (three!!!) original version theaters in BCN. There you can watch the movie in ENG and read the subtitles if you want -- what better way for a Spanish learning person?! :)

"Come, Reza, Ama" (Spanish translation) does a good job of portraying the main ideas of the book but as a devoted book lover, I recommend the book. Those who haven't read/seen it -- please do so! It is not a girls' only movie and I don't think there is a person out there who can't relate to some of the ideas mentioned in the book/movie. What also makes it genuine and thoughtful is the fact that it is a true story.

I read the book at a point in my life when it seemed like a life savior and I had many discussions with friends about the ideas  (dear, we drank some good wine over it!:). It was very interesting to re-visit the book (by watching the movie) again, almost 2 years later, and look at it with different eyes. It is still a wonderful piece of reality, life, finding oneself, looking for answers, being able to forgive and most importantly giving yourself an opportunity for more and better chances.

Thanks Liz for writing this wonderful book and giving people the strength to find themselves and learn how to be happy!

2 comments:

  1. I am reading the book now and agree that it feels different in different stages of your life. I can see how years ago, when I was weaker, I would have related better to it. Now, I enjoy it, but it is sometimes difficult to relate to what feels at times like a spoiled American girl's complaints about how her own choices led her on a certain path. So, if you feel more in control of your life, the book may be less motivating than if you are at a weak moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, so now you have yet another reason to visit me up there in the North ;) I barely have friends for my "odd wishes" to always go to OV and not just another cinema. I love it originally! :) You feel the smallest details, breath, surroundings, not even to start about the Real voices!

    And I also totally agree with Youliana - I shoud have found the book a year earlier! Now I'm reading it, and as a matter of fact - more and more slowly, as I started losing the "red thread". But after seeing the movie (normally I do it the other way around). And this is just the next example of how much better books can be. Not that I don't like the acting, or especially yammi-yammi Javier ;))).

    It's just ... details you feel better with your own imagination :)))

    ReplyDelete