About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Festivals

Barcelona seems to have tons of fests! :) What better that this?!? I figured I have to tell you about one last week before we get into the biggest one this week...

So last week there was a festival in one of the neighborhoods by the beach. And we wouldn't have found out if it wasn't for my new B friend, Mila, who found out about it thanks to her landlady :). This is how exclusive to locals it is....We started walking on the nicely decorated street first which was full of vendors selling jewelry, pastries, leather goods, etc. What's not to love?


From there we got close to the beach where we mingled with tons of people and kids enjoying rides, eating cotton candy and churros (these extremely healthy and good for you fried dough pastries). 

  


    

By the way, while I'm doing this I'm also chatting with 3 friends at the same time and my mom is going through all my clothes and shoes in BG on skype. She is showing me every single piece and I tell if I want her to bring it to me or not! Fun! Some of the clothes I can't even remember....It feels like I'm shopping in a store and picking and choosing :). Except that it's my stuff and nothing new....

OK, back to the fest. The kids in us got churros, went on a ride and then off to the beach to see fireworks! Being a person who'd lived in DC and had watched many 4th of Julys (and also loooves fireworks), I was a little skeptical about a fireworks show at first. Imagine my surprise! A great show with wonderful fireworks!!!

Scaaaary!!!!!
A great night which goes down in the BCN diary. Stay tuned for Merce (I can hear the soundchecks....)! It will be wonderful next few days with probably little sleep :).

    

4 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Greetings from (still) sunny DC :P
    Good to hear you are conquering town, one festival at a time. The pics are amazing :)
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, hon!
    I just got a chance to catch up on your blog. So great to see/read that you're having fun and getting settled in. It would be great to see how you live, too. Maybe you could post some pics of the apartment, your view, etc :))
    Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save some festivals for me when I come visit, OK?

    ReplyDelete