About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Catching up

The Palace at Pl. Espanya
 OK, no comments on the previous post -- still thinking you guys are reading...Right?! Gained a follower! My brother :). It was time.....Again if you are reading by any chance, do click on the""follow" link under my pic!!!  Anyway, trying to get back to regular writing. I really like it plus want to keep you updated on general life in BCN and mine too (for those that are curious).

Where do I start? Teaching! It has been a joy and a pain. Anyone who didn't expect it?! Maybe me. I have to admit that it's mostly fun and doesn't feel like a real job yet (or maybe I've found that desired job where it doesn't feel like work...). Or maybe it's that initial feeling which I really really hope will not change! My kids' groups are fine. Still struggling with the boys' group even though the "good" kids in the other one were little devils yesterday. It's fun and challenging.

Fountains at Pl. Espanya
  Teens....Hmm different story. The early ones (13-15) are fine. Besides the fact that we are still playing girls and boys teams :). The older ones (16-17) are something! I wish somebody could tell me if this is how we were at that age! You think you have the best discussion topic for class and they will be interested and then....You get 1 sentence from each. Barely. What discussion? :) They are cool though. Joke around, talk in class (sometimes that is), have interesting ideas.

My adults -- a few in the higher level -- fine. We talk, have nice conversations, study. My beginners -- funny! They teach me some Spanish (and the dictionary helps a lot) and it is really cool to see their progress! Lots of fun! My boss is cool, my peers are fine. So far everything is fine with the job. Trying to pick a few morning/noon hours so that I can make a little more money (that apartment is not cheap) and then it will be cool...

Plaza Espanya
I also have a friend from DC in town! A party girl (Albena) who came during my craziest time and I've managed to see her only twice but hopefully again before she leaves. We had some good times in BCN including finding a BG restaurant by chance and getting involuntarily involved with 2 Bulgarians...Long story, not really worth mentioning more about it. 

Going to the roof top at a friend's place (Krissie, it was too beautiful!)
I seem to stumble upon BG places without even looking for them. First it was the above mentioned restaurant, then a BG banitsa cute little shop! Of course I had to try one and the spinach and cheese was delicious!


More festivals and big fiestas are coming to BCN this week. It's actually the biggest fest of the year and I get my first official paid holiday on Friday! :) Tons of activities, concerts, parades, etc. And all for free!!!! Getting ready for 3 days of partying here and am very excited! Pictures will follow. OK, maybe this post will get some comments from you. Hasta luego! 

3 comments:

  1. Haha Radost the teens I teach are a complete cliche, four girls who sit pretty much horizontally in classes they're so slumped down, trying to text on their phones under the tables eating in class, giving me dirty looks when I tell them off its so funny I cant even take it seriously! Its like, I remember doing this! I am curious about the 2 Bulgarians.....?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo! This is cool! Banitsa. Are they tasty?

    ReplyDelete