About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Crazy week


This is going to be a very short post as I have to move again and might not have much access to internet....So stay patient!

What a week this was! Busy busy busy! Spanish in the mornings, preparing for teaching and then classes at night. Love my students!!! Right now I have 6-7 groups (can't even count them any more lol). All are pretty much different ages and levels. The kids are the hardest! Especially my Tues and Thur group! Seven boys and a girl all 6 years old. My classroom management this week with them -- zero! They are pretty wild but I have some ideas for next week so let's how it will go. My teen groups are fun. All are upper-intermediate and we can talk about teen subject (don't remember when I was 15...). And I also have a beginner group. A complete beginner group! With 4 grown-up men (I mean older than me) who stare at me and repeat "I am.....". Good to practice a little bit my Spanish because there is no other way....

My boss seems pretty nice. After the first week gave me a raise! Not a big one but, hey, everything helps. :) So I can report that the first week was a partial success. Especially when I had to come up with a lesson yesterday 15 min before the class...Don't even ask. But it turned out pretty well.

Today is Catalunya's National Day (about Catalunya and Spain -- later) and everything is closed! But I'm sure there will be some partying tonight :). OK, gotta go and move and will try and keep you posted as soon as I can! Thanks for following and reading! :):):)

P.S. And I have to say that I haven't forgotten Sept 11.......................

3 comments: