About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Teaching

Hm not sure if we are losing readers on the way but will keep writing. Even if just for me...I know 1-2 people still reading so that's great! :)

This week has been a great teaching week. And it is going fast! My kids actually seem to be enjoying the classes. They still drive me crazy and after 1 hour of shouting and working on the discipline I feel like going home. But then I have the teens who need to be entertained and taught at the same time -- kinda like the kids but in a different way. It's been fun though! :)

My in-company (business) classes have been good too. We died laughing today! They know how to make jokes even when we discuss things such as politics, China, Wikileaks, etc. Now one of the funny (and somewhat embarrassing moments) today was when talking about Wikileaks I told my students (who are older men -- 40 and above) that I read on CNN about the creation of a new task force in the CIA, called WTF. Yeah. It means Wikileaks Task Force but it's WTF :). Another example of my thinking that these grown-up men, whose level is intermediate (some maybe a bit higher), would now wtf. Nice try but not really. Once I said WTF and stared laughing I saw their bewilderment and had to explain. Well, how do you actually explain "what the f&^%%"?! I had to write this exact thing on the white board and then a few got it! Yay! But only a few! Because some didn't know f^&*. So the rest helped with some good Spanish translation! Go figure! And some say the first words in a language are the bad ones...

I've had other embarrassing moments with that same group. Like me trying to draw a flip-flop on the board and ending up drawing something which looked like a penis! Don't ask me how......But standing in front of these grown-up men with that drawing (which took me a few seconds to see; they had already started laughing..).....Perfect moment for my red face!

Anyway, the important thing is that we are having fun. Like today me playing the bull and a teenager the bullfighter in my teen class but I got him in the end. :) Or jumping like a frog with my kids or pretending to be a monkey.....All kinds of interesting moments. Days like these make me happy and I feel like I'm doing something (even teaching "wtf"). Parents meeting coming next week so we will see what they say!

Quick update on running: today it was 35 mins with no break!!!! And some of it on the sand which is haaard! Weather is getting colder here -- I just have to see how I will run in the cold! Stay tuned, comment if you can and join if you are reading and haven't done so yet! Love you all!!!!!!!!!Rxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment