About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year!

In Bourgas
My dear friends,
Wishing you a wonderful new 2011! Be creative, live every day as much as you can (even if that means sitting at home in front of the TV -- if it makes you happy, do it), believe in miracles, follow your dreams and do not give up, stop and look around you more often -- life is beautiful, say "I love you" more often to your friends and family, follow your heart!!!!! :):):)

BCN lights

More....
So I took a very long vacation not just from BCN, the blog, people, etc. Enjoyed my stay in BG completely with my parents who were so extremely happy to spend the holidays with me that in the end it was hard to leave. I ate and drank a lot, had a wonderful family time, saw some dear friends (the few I have left in BG), felt real freezing winter and now am back in BCN. It's 20 degrees here (around 70 or so for the USA people) and I'm loving it!

Bourgas -- wine (pelinche) and meatballs (kuftenca) in the cold

Kuftenca :)
  
Bday with mom and dad :):):)
It feels great to be home during the holidays. The atmosphere is so different.....Having been away for so long I had decided to fully enjoy it and make the best of it. And I did! :) It is also so great to be spoiled by your parents -- for a little time to let them take care of you.

Black Sea in the winter

New Year's
Cava from BCN :)
 I also have to mention that I can't get enough of BG food -- that is why as of Monday I have decided to try and do something which many people do but I hate and don't think I can do it -- running! I've decided that I can't spend money for a gym membership and I have to do some physical activities -- the jeans look a size smaller and I really don't feel like buying new clothes....

New Year's -- sarmichki, parjolka s gabi i oriz :)

At my aunt's -- popchenca i razni drugi ribki
So keep you fingers crossed for Monday when I will my body to the running test -- can I run more than 5-10 min?!?! Another resolution I have decided to follow is Spanish! I desperately need to learn it and need to get off my lazy butt and do something about it. Besides Spanish I have decided to focus on myself -- reading, writing, using more of that grey matter in my head. I forgot to mention that my dear cat is living "peacefully" with the family dog :). They are the true examples of "a cat and a dog".



I hope everyone had wonderful holidays and is ready for the new year whatever it may bring us. Stay in touch! :) Smiles and kisses from sunny BCN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Ach, Radost, now I'm even more angry about having missed it! And you, and the whole atmosphere ... Well, next time :)
    Sounds aaaalllll has been great, and now kick some of your upper and lower parts and have "the next" fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially appreciate the pelin and kufteta on the city square part! Yummmmo!

    ReplyDelete