About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Monday, January 17, 2011

Running and more

Running path :)
Well, there goes my regular blogging....Last post was 6 days ago....Hopefully there are a few out there still reading. We are getting very spoiled here in BCN. I woke up this morning to no sun and that was no fun :). Sunny, warm, no-coats, gloves, boots, etc weather makes you forget about winter easily. To my delight, it took the sun only an hour to come out and now it is shining brightly as I was used to seeing it.

Believe it or not but I haven't put on my winter coat and accessories since I came back from BG. It's all spring clothes. That, however, doesn't mean that the locals agree with me. In the middle of the day when the sun is actually strong and it the weather is short of hot, you can see people dressed as if they are on the North Pole (or South) -- coats, gloves, hats, big scarves. Now don't get me wrong. I lived in DC where I have seen people wear flip-flops in the winter and I am a firm believer in seasonal wear but wearing flip-flops when it is freezing or hats and gloves when it is spring temperatures is a little off. :)
Sunday on the beach
Anyway, here is my report on running -- on Friday (day 3) I ran for 20 mins straight, then a walking break and then another 20 mins :). Today I can proudly say that I ran for 30 mins with no break (some of it on the sand), then did some exercises on the beach and then ran another 10 mins. Yay!!!!!!!!! :) I have to admit that my running is prob more like jogging for some but it's the best for now. I am nicely surprised at the ease this happened considering I've never run and I hate it. Or should I say this in the past?!

Running doesn't seem to be so scary and hard. It really is more a mindset than anything else. Once you start going, then you just go. And keep going. As I said before -- running by the sea makes it so much better. Put me in a gym and we will see if I will think the same. I have to figure out a way to bring a camera or the iphone with me so that I can take some pics and show you. It is lovely!

I'm still trying to get into the routine after the long vacation and it's been a little hard. The weekend was lazy with walks on the beach, coffee and some movies. Friends too! :) It must be the spring lethargy (I know it's early but you can't tell here) or something but I feel like hibernating.....And teaching.....Aaaaaah, who has time and energy for that?!?
Some people played volleyball while I enjoyed the beach
OK, gotta go teach some ENG. Stay in touch! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wuaaa, and I don't even have sunglasses over here "above" :((((
    (This afternoon, I saw a sun ray in the mirror, probably by mistake, and was soo out-of-practice that I couldn't actually stand it for more than a glance ... )

    I'm principally also a running-hater, but give me just that view and watch my still-smashed-foot! I also like the half-naked beach volleyball guy ;))

    ENJOY it, Joy :D as much as you can, and than add some more for friends like me ;)

    ReplyDelete