About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Monday, April 25, 2011

Couchsurfing

And......I'm back! Sorry for the looong pause! I can't believe it's been almost a month! I have so many things to tell you!

First of all, I can say that I'm an active couchsurfing member!!! Yeyyy! I have been for a while but mostly "for coffee/drink" which is not quite the same. So finally I hosted and I surfed. And the experience was great! I had two surfers one after another -- both from Poland as it turned out but nothing in common. It's a really cool way to meet people, share ideas and possibly make new friends. I surfed a couch in Cordoba and again it was a great experience. Met another surfer at the same time and we had a blast! (about that later)

So if you have a chance I totally recommend it! The people are nice, there are recommendations on the profile pages and you can pick and choose (more or less). It's the best way to get to know a city you are visiting -- the guides, random locals and all the tricks that we all try when traveling can't compare at all to the couch host who can take you out, show you the hidden places or even give you a map with points of interest.

It is safe. My first surfer was a guy. Living on my own, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But that's why you check the recommendations on their profile before you invite them to your home. And...no problems. Same for surfing. There seem to be hosts/surfers all over the world and what better way to meet people, get to know different cultures and exchange ideas?!

1 comment:

  1. All hands up!!! Maybe I should also consider "opening" my couch for these opportunities (and especially now that I have one!)
    And you can even get/ meet/ catch/ "wellcome" some surprises there, like me ;)))

    ReplyDelete