About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Sunday, March 27, 2011

2 weeks later

Mikey :)
I woke up this morning first from hundreds of drums -- some kind of either fest here or another demonstration....Then I heard the rain banging on my window. Not good for 2 reasons: I had clothes from last night outside to dry and was supposed to go to yet another food fest today. Gave up on both. It turns out that now the sun shining brightly -- my clothes are fine and the fest was postponed until next Sunday! :) Anyway I was trying to figure out how to fit 2-3 events today and have time for myself (including the blog) today.

There are too many things going on and I should be writing at least every 3 days or so but...The weeks are exhausting with the teaching and the weekends seem too busy for blogging. But don't give up on me yet! So what's been going on?

Well, my bro is in London. It's a little over a week now and he's managed to start ENG classes, find a place to live, get the work permit and meet some people. Not bad :). He has some help though which is important. I feel lonely in the apartment....Was so used to having him around, chatting, watching movies, eating cooked meals, quarreling from time to time...Now the place feels empty. It's good that I work the whole day and only come back late at night.

My bro the DJ :)

An omlet that e cooked for me :):):) 
We had an awesome goodbye party for him (combined with a b-day party too :) which continued well into the morning of a Sunday and left me with a headache for the most part of the day and an insatiable hunger! Drinking is getting tougher...

The boys pic

And the girls pic

There were baloons

And a cake :)
Last weekend was also extremely busy an packed. On Saturday I went for my first ever skiing in EU and it was a close-by resort in Catalunya. It's called La Molina and turned out to be better than I had expected. I was imagining something like Whitetail near DC but this was a huge resort and pretty high up in the mountains. Had to get up at 6am but it was worth it!



The only thing was that it was too warm! I've only skied in winter conditions (some pretty extreme; at least for me) and this was spring skiing. Well, it's good that the person I went with had a small backpack so we started unlayering after the first few runs. At one of the slopes I felt like I was water skiing to get to the lift -- the sun was shining and the snow was melting. But the slopes were great. A little difficult for me with the corn snow and I have to admit that I had not one fall but it was an awesome day!

2 enthusiastic skiers


A deserved beer in the end ;)
The next day I went to the wedding celebration of a colleague of mine who made it official and had invited guests to a lovely town outside of BCN. The train took about 50 mins and the tracks were running extremely close to the beach -- wonderful view of the sea. 

he house



The house was a friends' of his and it was out of the movies. A huge white mansion propped on the cliffs with an amazing terrace with a pool and a sea view that stopped your breath.  My colleague is Brazilian and the food was amazing! Some typical Brazilian dishes plus local delicious appetizers, lovely Brazilian music and interesting people made for an wonderful Sunday.

Happy couple :)


Yesterday was a day for some new friends (who are Americans -- I will never learn Spanish...) and it turned from brunch with cava to a wine place with a bottle of wine to an apartment visit with more wine...The day was gone quickly and after having drunk the whole day, decided to stay home for the night. 



Nice bottle of wine







3 comments:

  1. you're having a great time! hope to see you on a hike soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read you're doing so fine, girl :) You just caught me up in the library with your great photos full of light, sun and sea - so the windows and desks in front of me are looking a bit more blue and white and sunny ;) Maybe just need to get out of here for some fresh cooold air ;))

    I hope you would still find time for us though, just like that! :) Send regularly such white mansions abroad (digital, but still worth it ;)), combined with some happy faces - and ta raaa, the place here just looks a bit better after that ;)

    Keeping fingers crossed to go on reading such sunny updates and most of all for you, Radost, to keep going on like that :)))

    Northern Greets :D
    M.

    ReplyDelete