About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Spain
Finding myself....

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Exams

It's exam week. You'd think it's easier -- just hand out the exam, they do it for 1.5hr and you just chill. Well, not really. The kids are still a disaster; the teens do not stop talking and complaining and then on top of that you have to check tons of papers....And I'm officially the bad guy. Or a very bad person like one of my teens told me. Because I gave them a long and hard exam and I didn't help them and I didn't let them change the writing topic.....

On the other hand, I'm getting better at psychology and people. With one of my teen classes I wanted to do a writing as well. But the exam was kinda long so I told them not to worry about the writing. When I saw that they were doing really well with the time, I told them that whoever did the writing gets extra points. Everyone wrote an essay! :) They felt great about it and I got what I wanted in the end.

You'd think I'm a horrible person. But just come and see the teens....No studying, no motivation, stupid mistakes. I mean -- are we here to study or what?! :) Next week is only movies so that will make them very happy. Me too as I really don't feel like working....Any ideas for good Christmas movies for teens (no violence, sex and so on)?!?!

Days are flying so fast. Next Friday and I'm going home! First holidays in BG since 2000! Now that sounds prehistoric.....Trying not to eat too much because I know what will happen in BG and I still want to be able to get into my clothes. I have been trying to eat much less because since my bro came and started cooking I came to a point where it was getting hard to get into my stuff...Sad....But life is about enjoying, right?!?! :):):):)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Spanish kids are the same way as the spoiled UVA brats (who are also very smart and very good looking -- if Tania is reading :)). They warned us before the very first exam that everyone will be fighting for more points. And sure enough, as soon as I returned their exams, everyone was in line to tell me I graded wrong and they deserve more.
    Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete